Monday, August 23, 2010

And....they're gone.

So, this morning I put my 6 year-old on the bus for first grade, and my 8 year-old on the bus for third grade. I've been looking forward to this for weeks now. I've got Monday-Friday, all day long, all to myself. But here's the thing....

I miss them. It has only been about 20 minutes and I'm already excited for them to come home. Don't get me wrong...I love the idea of having all of this free time to redecorate my house, solve world hunger and cure cancer, (all just as likely to happen as me finishing my laundry) but my heart kind of aches when they aren't here.

Kydan has been acting like it is Christmas instead of the first day of school. He is so excited that he has a whole day of school instead of a half day, because now he FINALLY gets to eat lunch at school! My guess is that novelty will wear off very fast.

Tommy says he is looking forward to it, but as it got closer and closer he started getting very irritable, which usually means he has something on his mind. When we were walking to the bus today he was very clingy, and at the bus stop he didn't hang out and play with the other kids. When he got on the bus he sat by himself. I think that is what made me so sad this morning. I want him to make friends, the RIGHT friends, and I want him to be comfortable with who he is. I don't think he is there yet.

I better get cracking on that World Peace thing. Something tells me it isn't just going to solve itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment