Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Human Honey

This might actually be my favorite Kydanism ever. If not, it is definitely in the top 5.

Yesterday Kydan asked me if the honey in his yogurt was made by bees. I said "Yes. All honey is made by bees." He informed me that I was wrong, and that humans make honey, too. When I asked him how, he gave me the following recipe:
Catch a bee
Cook the bee
Put cheese on it.

So all of you out there who are worried about the bee population coming to an end...DO NOT FEAR! You now have all you need to know to make honey.

So there is a SLIGHT possibility that my husband has the tendency to act a little rashly in certain situations. Don't get me wrong- he is possibly the greatest human being alive, but sometimes I wonder where his head is. Take last night, for example. We have a little dog, Copper, who has a tendency to make Tommy and Kydan's room his own personal toilet. While I agree that this is a terrible habit that needs to stop, Dan wants to actually take the dog and throw him into a raging river. It doesn't help matters that he doesn't actually like the dog, and the only reason we have him is because he loves his wife.
So last night he told Tommy that if he can't get the dog potty trained by the time school starts next year, we will get rid of him. AND if he does get him trained Dan will give Tommy $100. If he is trained before August, Tommy gets $200. WHAT?!?! Moreover, we have a very particular saving/spending system for the boys and their money, (10% tithe, 60% saving, 30% spending) but Dan told him that all he has to do is tithe 10% and the rest he can spend on whatever he wants. What the heck is an 8-year-old going to spend $180 on? I can tell you exactly what. Lots of very small things that I will step on and find throughout the entire house for years to come and candy. Great. I can't wait.
I'm not sure what made him think this was a decision that he can make on his own, particularly since we are on a very strict budget that does not include candy and small toys for 8-year-olds. If I had to guess, I would say that he is banking on the fact that Copper will never get trained and he will finally be able to take a nice white water ride, courtesy of Dan Young. What Dan doesn't know is that I'm going to get Tommy to split the money with me and I'm going to help him train Copper. I'm not sure how yet, (any ideas would be appreciated) but if it works I'm going to have a lot bigger budget to spend on very small things and candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment